ISO 45001 is a Health and Safety Management System framework that can be utilised across all sectors. As we all know, a business’s success can heavily depend on the level of commitment that is provided at each and every level.
Some of the benefits of ISO 45001 include:
- improved operational performance,
- a reduction in the number of accidents and near misses,
- less employee absenteeism/downtime,
- a reduction in administration costs,
- helps to create a Health and Safety culture and safer working environment,
- a more positive image of your organisation,
- the potential to reduce insurance premiums and legal prosecutions by controlling as far as reasonably practicable the risks associated to their business.
- generate a positive image of your organisation.
- Increased worker participation and communication.
ISO 45001 was only introduced in 2018 and replaces BS OHSAS 18001 as the International Standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.